There's no longer any reason to live with an open wound
In the United States, chronic wounds affect 6.5 million patients. Holy Cross Wound Healing and Hyperbarics program has a management services agreement with Healogics. Committed to healthcare compliance and best practice medicine, Healogics emphasizes these priorities in its specialized wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. A multidisciplinary, physician-oriented approach to wound care is the cornerstone of Healogics' industry-leading outcomes. Healogics recognizes that the combined knowledge of various specialty physicians (from surgery to primary care) is vital in chronic wound management. As a Healogics-managed wound center, the Holy Cross Wound Healing and Hyperbarics program located within the Holy Cross HealthPlex (use entrance at 1000 NE 56th Street) in Fort Lauderdale, FL uses a variety of evidence-based healing options - with expertise in each - to evaluate and diagnose based on methods perfected and proved daily in over 500 hospitals in 44 states throughout the United States. We treat wounds and work to prevent reoccurrence by correcting contributing factors, such as controlling infection and enhancing medical and nutritional status.
A multidisciplinary approach
The Wound Healing and Hyperbarics program is staffed with a unique team of specialists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The combined knowledge of our team members creates a multidisciplinary approach to wound management. We are dedicated to healing wounds that have not responded to traditional treatment.
Wound Patient Information
What to expect on your first visit
- You or your physician will call for an appointment.
- Bring all medications you are currently taking, including over the counter medications and a list of allergies with you on your first visit.
- Bring insurance information for verification.
- Our team of physicians and nurses will evaluate your wound, health and medical history including x-rays if you have them.
- Together with your physician, we'll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your individual needs.
Your role in healing
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you. We count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You'll learn to care for your wound at home and how to protect yourself from further injuries. The staff at our Wound Healing and Hyperbarics program is available to answer questions and give you the support you need.
Wound Types and Risk Factors
Treating wounds is a complex task. Each case is unique and patients will heal at varying rates. Our experienced staff is prepared to handle a variety of different wounds which includes:
- Any wound failing to improve with multiple treatments or therapies
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Lower leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Skin tears or lacerations
- Late effects of radiation therapy
- Post-operative infections
- Slow or non-healing surgical wounds
- Compromised skin flaps or grafts
Certain risk factors may lead to chronic wounds, such as:
- Malnutrition and diet
- Circulation problems
- Kidney disease
- Certain medications
- Inability to adhere to your individual plan of care
State of the Art Treatment
Through the Wound Healing and Hyperbarics program, you'll receive the right treatment to heal your wound. Some of the following treatments may be included in your treatment plan:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Wound dressings
- Wound debridement
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
For more information or to make an appointment call 954-202-4877.